Last night on Facebook I noticed a friend’s video post of a Céu and Herbie Hancock collaboration and I had to click on it immediately. In case you don’t know (although you should) Herbie Hancock is a legendary American jazz musician and Céu is a young singer-song writer from Brazil, with a sound reminiscent of Bebel Gilberto. Just a few seconds in to the song and I was completely hooked. With Hancock’s smooth, melodic composition and Céu’s honeyed voice, the results were pure magic to my ears.
I came to discover the song is just one of many collaborations featured on Hancock’s newest album The Imagine Project. There is also a DVD in conjunction with the album which follows the musician as he travels around the world to record with various artists in an attempt to create “global collaboration” through music. Participating artists include, Juanes, Chaka Khan, Seal, India Arie, and K’Naan.
I think the idea behind the Imagine Project is both brilliant and beautiful: using music as a platform to connect artists and people from all walks of life. I look forward to hearing the rest of this album.
I must have replayed this video 7 times before going to bed…
-Chubz
No comments:
Post a Comment